Everyone wants to be healthy. Being healthy comes from a balance of regular physical activity and healthy eating.
There are many benefits to getting regular physical activity. As long as your doctor approves, physical activity can help you: lower the risk for diseases such as heart disease, diabetes, stroke and colon cancer; lower stress; control blood pressure and weight; increase feelings of happiness; improve movement, strength, and energy.
Healthy foods can help you maintain your weight, improve your energy and feel better in everything you do.
GODIRECTMALL.COM gives you tools that you can live a life of fitness! Many of us just don’t know where to start on a path to fitness and nutrition.
IU Health Plans (http://iuhealth.org/) provides the following suggestions/tips for eating healthy and staying fit:
1. For good nutrition, eat healthy foods
2. Eating healthy food is an important part of a healthy lifestyle.
Here are some healthy tips from mypyramid.gov:
1. Fruits – Eat 2 cups every day*
2. Choose any fruit or 100 percent fruit juice.
3. Vegetables – Eat 2 1⁄2 cups every day*
4. Choose any vegetable or 100 percent vegetable juice.
5. Grains – Eat 6 ounces every day* Choose any food made from wheat, rice, oats, cornmeal, barley or another cereal grain. Eat at least three ounces of whole-grain foods each day.
6. Meat & Beans – Eat 5 1⁄2 ounces every day* Choose any food made from beef, pork, poultry, fish, dry beans or peas, eggs, nuts, and seeds.
7.Dairy – Get 3 cups every day* Choose any food made from dairy that low-fat or fat-free as part of your meal.*Based on a 2,000 calorie-per-day diet.
Any physical activity is good for you:
The best activities are those that are moderate or vigorous. These activities are examples that will increase your heart rate:
1. Walking briskly
2. Gardening/yard work
3. Climbing stairs
5.Playing golf (without a cart)
9. Walking very fast